Saturday, August 29, 2009

Emma aime ... Coco avant Chanel

My hubby and I had the pleasure of seeing Coco avant Chanel recentely. It is the story of rise from obscure beginnings to the heights of the fashion world. The movie stars the delightful Audrey Tautou whom I adore. A great biography of Chanel can be found over at Queens of Vintage.
Chanel made her name by creating outfits that were unristricting and unfussy. This was completely different from the Belle Epoque look of the time. This can be seen by the outfits that Coco (Audrey) wears in the film and I was very much inspired by Coco's sailor shirt look sported above.
To get the look bag yourself one of these Russian army naval/marine sailor stripe thsirt top. Sold by lukkybid on ebay for the bargain price of £12.99 (£5.50 postage). I'll be pairing mine up with black skinny jeans, black booties and toping the look of with a straw boater.
Happy shopping dear readers ... x

No comments:

Post a Comment