Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sculptures by Sea

Alejandro Propato - arte de las playas

The hubby and I hopped on the bus to Bondi today to attend the 13th anual Sculptures by Sea. It was a gloriously sunny day and the exhibits were all fab. I had a particular funny moment when the hubby squatted down besides a sign on a grassy knoll to eat his lunch. It was then I realised that the sign was the fist sculpture and actually stated "Secret to eternal youth 2km ->" with the arrow pointing at my hubby stuffing his face with steak sarnie! I wish I'd got a piccy of it.
The sculpture trail was packed with people enjoying the unique and varied sculptures by artists from all over the world.
My favourite sculpture was Seden Blackwood's "irinami" the hubby opted for Phil Price's "morpheus"
We got a little lost on the trail but luckily this handy sign helped us out.
And while we were checking out some of the sculptures this one was staring right back.It seems the hills really do have eyes!

Sculptures by Sea is on until 15th November between Bondi and Tamarama beaches. Go and check out the fabulous work of these artists for yourself.
Have a artsy time dear readers ... x

No comments:

Post a Comment