Friday, November 5, 2010

Emma aime in the Kitchen: Banana, Walnut and Cinnamon Cake

This is the recipe for the cake I made for Lisa's birthday. Unfortunately I was in a bit of rush that day so I did not get a piccy of it. At the time when I made the cake I just raided the cupboards for things I could pop in so some of my ingredients were not measured but you can just add them to your own taste. Once you've made the batter you can add pretty much anything you fancy!

Ingredients for cake:
400g flour
300g butter
300g sugar
3 eggs
1 tbs honey
desiccated coconut
1 banana chopped
walnuts
sultanas
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp almond essence
ground cinnamon
ground ginger
ground nutmeg

Ingredients for lemon cheese frosting:
cream cheese
icing sugar
lemon

Method:
Preheat oven to 140C
Sieve flour into mixing bowl, add the sugar, the butter and eggs and mix until smooth
Add other ingredients to taste
Place mixture in a greased cake tin and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through
Wait until cake is cooled and ice with lemon cheese frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment