Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Imelda May

I was browsing Bex's blog, Subversive Lesbian Anarchic Femme the other day when she happened to mention that she had tickets to see Imelda May in March. Having never heard of Imelda May I checked her out on YouTube and I've been listening to tracks off her album ever since!! When I found out she is playing a gig in Sydney in March I quickly booked tickets for the hubby and I.

Imelda May, born in Dublin and raised in the Liberties, may be an unknown name to some, but to many she is already a superstar. She is unmistakable both in her music (a fusion of surf guitars, blues and rockabilly that wouldn’t be out of place in a David Lynch film) and her style, with a solitary curl and shock of blonde in her jet black hair. In Ireland, her debut album ‘Love Tattoo’, which she recorded and released on her own label, has gone Triple Platinum. She has shared a stage with Eric Clapton, Chuck Berry, David Gilmour, Sharon Shannon, Jeff Beck, Shane Macgowan, Kirsty McCall, Van Morrison, Lionel Richie, Wanda Jackson, Paul Brady and Meatloaf. And now, with the release of her new album “Mayhem”, she is about to go stellar.

For all those that have yet to hear of Imelda May here is the track Psycho from her album 'Mayhem'

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could see her in Sydney, but its the same night as Mardi Gras :(. BTW your Daisy Duke top is amazing! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bex, I was meant to be going to the Madi Gras after party this year but couldnt afford the tickets, plus we'd already booked the tickets to Imelda May. x

    ReplyDelete