Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Devastating Japan Disaster

I sure you're all well aware of the mass devastation that Japan is facing following the huge earthquake and subsequent tsunami they have been hit with. The situation seems to be worsening everyday with a very real threat of radiation leaks.

I have to say I admire the blogging community for the way they have rallied round to lend their support to the victims. I was very much inspired by two blogs Ever Ours and Utterly Engaged For Japan With Love campaign and their day of blogging silence on 18th March in order to raise money for shelter box USA - a charity that supplies shelters and emergency supplies to victims of this terrible disaster.

I have decided in order to do I what i can I will be doing a 24 hour sponsored silence. I will spend the day in silent contemplation for all the lives, houses and loved ones lost. Being a child care worker child welfare is a subject very close to my heart so I decided to donate all money raised to Save the Children's Earthquake Tsunami Relief. If you would like to sponsor me please go to here. I will keep you updated on how the event goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment