Monday, August 22, 2011

Rose Seidler House Fifties Fair

The hubby and I headed over to Rose Seidler House for the annual Fifties Fair yesterday. I have been super excited about going to my first Fifties Fair and the day didn't disappoint. I know I promised to update you throughout the day on the mobile blog but honestly I was having too much fun to remember to take many photos. As for my outfit well due to the dress dramas I told you about I wasn't wearing what I wanted to and the dress I wore you've all seen before!

But back to the day itself. The hubby and I arrived around 1 ish as the hubby had to work first. We checked out the stalls and thankfully (for the pocket) I didn't see anything that caught my eye. I did see a fabulous set of Nally canisters in the original box but i'm sure they would have been above my budget and the hubby hit me with the revelation that he didn't really like them and found them a bit plasticy as he is the main kitchen user I'll have to concede and scrap the idea of a red set for the kitchen and go for a stainless steel 50s set instead.
We then headed down to the stage to see the best dressed in vintage competition. I think the judges would have had a hard time choosing as there were many fab outfits. After checking out the house itself (for which I will dedicate a separate post) we went back to the stage to listen to Candice DeVille's talk on 50s fashion which I have to say was very informative as well as amusing. After sticking around to watch the fantastic Swingtime dancers we headed home for a nice cup of tea!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you found out that he didnt like them before you brought them. I have a set of anodised 50s ones. They are great you will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To true! I found a set of silver Lincoln Beautyware that will soon be gracing my kitchen! x

    ReplyDelete