Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Bookworm Presents: The Vintage Tea Party

I've heard a lot about The Vintage Tea Party Book all over the blogosphere ever since its publication way back in August last year so I was so excited to finally get my hands on a copy of my own!

The Vintage Tea Party is written by owner of The Vintage Patisserie Angel Adoree and covers every aspect of holding a vintage tea party from finding an ideal location to sending invitations, sourcing props and creating a great kitchen atmosphere. The remainder of the book is split in to 3 sections with delicious recipes for tea parties for Brunch, Afternoon and Evenings.  And the last 'Style' section contains vital information on how to look your best for you party including sections on 'The Science of Style', 'How to pick the perfect vintage dress' and a hair and make up section with step by step guides to recreate vintage looks. There's also a section for the boys on 'Male Grooming'.
The book is gorgeously presented and stunningly illustrated by Adele Mildred and the photographed goodies look absolutely delicious. I've yet to try any of the recipes but I will be sure to post the results when I do.

Angela's second book Vintage Tea Party Year is out on 1st October. I have my copy pre-ordered and will be sure to review it as soon as it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment