Friday, November 9, 2012

Dita's Von Follies Collection

Last week I ordered some items from the Von Follies collection my items arrived this week so I thought I'd review them for you.

I found when trying on a few bras in store that they came up a little smaller and had to order one size up in the band size than I normally would. I also found that the sizing was very erratic between styles I normally wear a 12D or 12DD but had to order a 14D in one style and a 14C in the other.

 I was also disappointed to find that my favourite items in the collection, the overwire bras were only available up to a c cup. This seems a little strange to me considering that the rest of the collection comes in such a wide range of sizes (from a 10A all the way up to 22G in selected styles).

I was also dissapointed when the collection was first released as I had expected alot more of a vintage style to the collection. Some items such as the Von Follies Purple Fishnet Bra are very plain and I cannot see any vintage styling whatsoever and some items such as the Von Follies Animal Print Bra just seemed plain tacky! Having said that if we look at Dita's previous lingerie collections with Wonderbra then there is very little vintage influence so I should have expected the same. I can only suppose that this is so the range appeals to a range of women and not just vintage lovers.

I would recommend that anyone looking for vintage inspired underwear to check out What Katie Did, Kiss Me Deadly or Rago.

And now to the items I ordered:

Von Follies Skin/Black Spot Mesh Contour Bra and Von Follies Spot Mesh Bra (originally $39 now $12.83 and $15.83)
I ordered this bra in both the skin and black spot and red and black spot colourways. The bras although not particularly vintage in style have vintage elements thrown in such as the mid seam in the cup and straps with the satin overlay.
The bras are good quality for the RRP and have high quality metal fixtures a great 'vintage' cross closure at the back which gives a great fit and wide straps for comfort. The seam running across the bra gives also a bullet bra shape which means there is little cleavage as such but it will give fabulous shape under a vintage dress.
Von Follies Blue/Black Eyelash Lace Balconette Bra (originally $45 now $17.83)
The Von Follies Blue/Black Eyelash Lace Balconette Bra is a beautiful ice blue colour stain with black eyelash lace overlayed. Being a balconette the bra gives fabulous cleavage and again for the price the bra is good quality.  I found with this bra I had to order a band size bigger and cup size smaller to get the right fit.

Finally while I think these bras are definitely worth buying especially at the super cheap sale prices I would recommend trying on and buying in store as I had to take some of the ones I ordered online back and change the sizes due to the erratic sizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment