Friday, February 21, 2014

#RE2014 - Reducing My Waist Size

As I mentioned in this post in January this year I have decided that I want to get fit. This may be due to the fact that I am turning 30 this year. So many other things in my life that I hoped would have happened by now have not mostly due to the fact that we're still struggling towards getting our permanent visa here in Australia so I figured that if I have to turn 30 this year I want to do it in the best shape of my life.

As I am only working a few hours a week at the moment I realised that I spend too much time sat on the couch and as a result the weight has crept on. Although my diet was relatively healthy I wasn't really doing much exercise so my weight slowly crept up a dress size or two! 

I realised that I have been working at the gym for 5 years on and off and have never once used the free membership  I get so I finally got off my butt and attended a few classes with the Purple Fairy (who is a total gym junkie) and to my surprise I really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately a few weeks after we started the Purple Fairy managed to injure herself in spectacular fashion and now has a bulging disk in her neck which may require surgery! I don't feel confident enough to attend classes on my own so we have been going about 3 times a week just to use the machines and I have been making sure I do at least half an hour workout after I finish work on the days I work. I've also just got my niece a job back at the creche so I will have a new gym buddy to do classes with.

My main goal is to try to get the healthiest I've ever been. I am not going to obsess about my weight and instead keep a note of my measurements and use MyFitnessPal to log my workouts and calorie intake and then hopefully by my birthday I will be in great shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment