Monday, August 11, 2014

Greazefest 2014

A few weekends ago the Hubby and I hopped in the car and drove to Rocklea to attend our first Greazefest. When we left Ballina the weather was disgustingly grey and rainy so we wrapped up warm but by the time we had driven the 2 hours to Rocklea there wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was a stunningly warm winter day.

When we first got through the gates I was surprised at just how big Greazefest was. We started off by checking out all the vendors to see what was on sale. While I didn't buy anything I did pick up a couple of business cards so I can check out the businesses when I have money to spend. One was for Aunty Charmings Rockabilly that stocks rockabilly clothing at affordable prices. The second was or Western Wac who are located at Woolloongabba Antique Centre and are my nearest stockist of Freddies of Pinewood Jeans so I will certainly be checking them out when I have some money to spend. The Hubby grabbed a couple of hats as the day was so warm that he was starting to get a sunburnt head!

After spending a few hours browsing all the goodies on sale we went to grab something to eat and sat by the covered stage to listen to some great music whilst we enjoyed our lunch. We then high-tailed it over to the hotrod stage to watch the lovely ladies in the pin-up parade. After watching a bevy of pin up beauties parade we went to check out some of the beautiful cars that were on display. I especially liked this retro-futuristic car.
After having a final look around the vendors (and forgetting to pick up a Greazefest t-shirt) we headed home.  
As I mentioned before it was a cold day when we left Ballina so I decided to wear jeans and my swallow cardigan that I made and blogged about many years ago here. I donned the outfit that I spoke about in my bowling post all thoseyears back here with the addition of some new bowling themed jewellery from sour cherry on Etsy. Here is what I wore:
 Jeans – Kmart
Black cardigan – SES (customised by me)
Shoes – Payless shoes
headscarf - ?

Bowling bracelet and earrings – sour cherry on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment