Wednesday, September 10, 2014

#RE2014 - Cultivating Simple Pleasures

"I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex.” ― Oscar Wilde

Like my favourite movies protagonist Amelie I adore simple pleasures. So today I thought I'd repost a post I shared a few years back detailing my favourite things. They are as follows:

♥ squishing wet sand between my toes
♥ the feel of the sun on my skin
♥ watching the sun rise on a summer morning
♥ cracking open a boiled egg and pushing in a toast soldier so the yoke runs over the top
♥ swinging high on a swing and watching the sky zoom past overhead
♥ riding a carousel
♥ star gazing on a clear warm night
♥ the smell of a blown out candle
♥ standing on the porch and watching the lightning on a stormy night
♥ climbing into a freshly made bed and smelling the clean sheets
♥ feeling a soft kiss on the back of my neck
♥ my hubby stroking my forehead as I fall asleep
♥ cuddling up by the fire on a cold winters night
♥ picking the first flower of spring and wearing it in my hair
♥ sitting in my Nan's garden, shelling freshly picked peas from their pod
♥ curling up with a cup of tea and a good book

What are your favourite things dear readers? ... x

No comments:

Post a Comment