Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Emma aime ... Alice in Wonderland

I got my first peek today at the trailer for the new Alice in Wonderland directed by Tim Burton. I have to say I wait in eager anticipation for the release of this enchantingly gothic tale. Based on the book by Lewis Carol, the film picks up the story some ten years later and finds Alice a young woman of 19 who is uncertain of what her future holds. Thus she travels back down the rabbit hole and winds up back where it all began. The film is released on 5th May 2010 so we have a while to wait but sneak a peak at the trailer which can be viewed here.


The films stars Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Mia Wasikowska as Alice, Anne Hathaway as The White Queen, Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen, Michael Sheen as the White Rabbit, Matt Lucas as Tweeddledee and Tweeddledum , Crispin Glover as the Knave of Hearts, Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat and Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar.

The films ethereal fairytale-like scenery and the larger than life characters have inspired me today so in honor of the film I will be putting together an Alice in Wonderland outfit. I adore the ALICE IN WONDERLAND drink ME necklace created by Pesthouse for sale on etsy.


There are some great Alice inspired sets on polyvore. I particularly like these:


I will post the results of my Alice inspired outfit soon but in the meantime..
...once more into the rabbit hole dear readers ... x

2 comments:

  1. The trailer looks fun! I think Ill enjoy this. I wonder if its going to be like many of his other movies in terms of style. There is something so particular in his style, Im not sure how to explain it but Im also sure you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes theres definately something quite etheral about it. I cant wait til march!

    ReplyDelete