Friday, January 15, 2010

Emma aime ... Sherlock Holmes

Hello dear readers,
Sorry I haven't posted for a little while. I've been feeling rather exhausted since my sister went back home so Ive been spending a few days convalescing trying to recover somewhat. I have been so busy in recent weeks and have done some fab things I've yet to tell you about so I thought I'd update you a little.

It was the hubby's birthday on 4th January so we went to see the new Sherlock Holmes film gold class. We had a great time snuggled up in the comfy recliners drinks and nibbles at hand. We both loved the movie. I thought Robert Downey Jnr was fantastic as a eccentric and egocentric Holmes. My only gripe was that I didn't feel Jude Law was right for the part of Watson. Don't get me wrong he played the part very well but I always imagined Watson as a kind of Colonel Mustard figure and the hubby who has read the book was inclined to agree.

This film appealed greatly to us both as the hubby loved the action although for me in some of the fight scenes the action was so fast you couldn't really see what was going on but this was the style of the movie. Being a martial artist the hubby especially loved the scenes where Sherlock describes how he is going to take down his opponent before carrying out the fight.
For me being into style it was the dress and overall style of the film that really appealed.
Rachel Adams who played Adler had some gorgeous outfits in the movie and this has inspired me to tryout a Victorian look out for myself. There are some great sets on Polyvore but my personal favourite is this one:
Irene Adler...Dangerously Alluring
Irene Adler...Dangerously Alluring by T.Rece featuring Balmain shoes
I did plan on making my own set but the one above by T. Rece is better than anything I could have come up with. The only addition I would make is to add this fab Crimson Exposure mini top hat for sale on Etsy by Bubbles & Frown.

Having been inspired by all things Holmesian I'm off to read the books. If you are likewise inspired and are in Blighty why not check out the Sherlock Holmes Museum which is of course situated at 221b Baker St, London. The Museum is open 9.30am - 6pm for £6 admission.

The film is out in all good cinemas now so check it out for yourselves!

Its elementary my dear readers ... x

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back...Love Robert DJR...I see what your saying about the watson character, he's meant to be older than Holmes, grandfartherly looking in a victorian way...My favourite Holmes are Basil Rathbone and Jeremy Brett...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gingey!
    I imagined him older aswell. Jude Law seems so young. I guess he is in his 40s but he's just so pretty looking!

    ReplyDelete