Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Emma aime ... Museum Station

I know its weird to have a favourite station but I just love Museum station in Sydney. The train we caught home on Sunday headed through there and it always makes me smile. I just adore the Art Deco feeling to it. It reminds me of stations back in London. I especially love the old posters. The hubby and I spotted a Jantzen one on the way through that made us both burst into an impromptu song of "Wear a smile and a Jantzen" Museum station opened on 20th December 1926. It was named for its proximity to the Australian Museum. Museum was built to accommodate workers and shoppers. Department store Mark Foys even had their own tunnel entrance on the corner of Liverpool Street and Castlereagh Street. The tunnel leading to the station have great pictures of the station being built and a complete photo history.

Take a train ride back in time with me dear readers ... x

No comments:

Post a Comment