Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dressmaking attempt 1

While the men were off up north for a couple of days on their shooting trip my Mum and I had a go at making a skirt from an old pattern I had. This was my first attempt at dressmaking so I'm pretty happy how it turned out.The pattern we used was McCalls 9035. Its actually a suit pattern from the 80's but the jacket looked a little complicated for a beginner to attempt so we stuck to the skirt for now. Here's how it turned out. Its a little hard to see as my camera did not take the best photo but the material is actually a blue with white polka dot design. Skirt - made by me
Singlet (with bow made by me) -SES
Shoes - F&F for Tesco (UK)
Elasticated bow headband - Supre

My next attempt will be:
Wish me luck dear readers ... x

2 comments:

  1. That's quite nice! And I agree, baby steps. Nothing will put you off attempting a new project than butchering something complicated that you had your heart set on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss Emmi I'm pretty proud of it for a first attempt.

    ReplyDelete