Saturday, September 25, 2010

Romantic Train Journeys

I have been watching a lot of old movies involving train travel lately notably 'Some Like it Hot' and 'North by Northwest' and these movies have inspired me to take a train holiday. I just love the idea of sleeping in one of those gorgeous sleeper cabins and eating meals in the dinning cart whilst watching the countryside zip by out of the window. The movies also reminded me of this fab advert from the UK for Virgin Trains


I did a Google search 'Romantic train journeys in Australia' and it came up with The Indian-Pacific. Although these fab train trips do not come cheap they have to be well worth the prices just for that spirit of adventure and old fashioned charm that train travel brings. All that's left to do is to pack your steamer trunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment