Saturday, October 30, 2010

Beating the Blues

I posted yesterday about my feeling blue recently. It seems we all get hit with the blues every once in a while but Miss Frangipani's comment really made me take stock. This along with The Vintage Mama's fab series - Upgrade your Beauty has made me realise that as women we rarely really look after ourselves. With busy lives, other people to look after and other things to do we rarely take stock and treat ourselves to the things we really need.

My new years resolutions was going to be to start a new beauty regime and take on the things that I have been putting of like having a new bra fitting as I honestly can't remember the last one I had! I've spent the last few years practically guessing my size as my bra size went up and then back down with all the weight I lost. Thankfully the hubby has offered to treat me to some new bras (this may be due to the fact that he put my old ones in the washing machine not in the delicates bag so the machine then proceeded to eat them and they came out a snarled up mess!) so I'm going to get fitted on Monday. Although it can work out a little pricey to replace all ones bras you just discount the comfort and poise that a properly fitted bra gives.

I also have a niggling hip pain that has been going on since winter at the time I thought it was just the cold but it has been months now and I've yet to get it checked out. So Ive promised myself that I will make time and make an appointment on Monday to have this looked at.

To be honest though not all the things on my list of things to be done have been put of due to time or money. Most of the time it is just due to the fact that I get a feeling off apathy come over me and I just can't be bothered to make the changes that will make me feel better.

I think that deep down this may come from a low self confidence problem. The same little voice that tells me I'm not good enough to shop in fancy stores whispers to me that I'm not worth the pampering.

I realise in order to beat the blues I must break this cycle. So my resolution (and lets face it we shouldn't have to wait until New Years to make a change!) is to start treating myself better. I will use my spare time productively. Instead of moping around missing the hubby I will pamper myself with a glass of wine and a good book or a long soak in a bubbly bath, give myself a mani/pedi and paint my nails, buy myself some flowers to cheer me up.

I will also start following a proper beauty routine that incorporates having my hair trimmed and roots recoloured every 8 weeks, getting my eyebrows shaped regularly and opt for regular manicures. I will treat myself to the more expensive beauty and skincare products that I know are better for my skin rather than those that are cheapest. Although don't get my wrong girlies the most expensive isn't always the best you need to find what suits you and your skin.

I will also ensure that I set aside the money in my monthly budget so there's no excuse not to carry on with the routine. After all what better investment can a girl make if not investing in herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment