Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lovely Lanolips!

I've suffered with eczema on my hands since I was a child. It used to be so bad that the skin on my fingers would crack and bleed and the only thing that would clear it up would be to slather on hydrocortisone cream and bandage them. Thankfully as I've got older the eczema has become less severe and I only get the occasionally flare up so now I'm a little reticent about using a cream that contain skin thinning steroids.

I've had a flare up recently due to the fact that both my job involve me having to wash and sterilise my hands on a regular basis. It seems the hand washes with antibacterial properties are the least friendly to sensitive skin! Thankfully while browsing for an all natural product to help my hands I came across Lanolips at my local Priceline store. I initially tried the Lanolips™ Rose Balm Everyday for Dry Hands & Nails tester in store and although it seemed to help moisturise my hand almost immediately being on a budget I was reluctant to pay $23 for a 120ml tube so I came home and searched for a site that sold it cheaper online.
Online I came across addicted 2 lipbalm who were selling the gift set consisting of the Lanolips 101 ointment and Lanolips Rose Balm Intense for Very Dry Hands & Nails, which I mistook for the cream that I had tried in store. When the set arrived I realised my mistake but thought that as my skin was particularly dry this might be a better option.

Having tried the cream for a few weeks it seems i was wrong in this assumption as strangely it doesn't seem as moisturising as the everyday one was. It also does not smell as attractive as the everyday cream. This may be due to the fact that the intense balm may contain more lanolin and therefore the rose smell gets a bit lost behind the smell of lanolin. Don't get me wrong the intense balm is still a good product but personally I prefer the everyday one!

As for the 101 ointment well in short its fab. You can use it for a multitude of different things but personally I have been using it as a lipbalm. I like the fact that it is unflavoured/scented as most lipbalms taste too sweet and artificial but this is perfect and very moisturising.
Once my current tube runs out I think i will return to the everyday balm as its definitely worth the little bit more expensive price tag. Just the fact that I can read the back and decipher all the ingredients without needing a chemistry degree makes it worth the cost alone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, stumbled on your lovely blog - then read about your passion for vintage. I have just moved studio so have set up an online store to move approx 600 reasured pieces. You might like to take a peak.

    Like you needing a chemistry degree to read the back of the ointment tube, I am in dire need of a degree in computer technology to insert correct meggawhatspixel? photographs on my blog.
    For this I apologise in advance.

    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy
    thanks for the lovely comment I will be sure to check out your store! x

    ReplyDelete