Friday, May 6, 2011

Weekly Buys - 6 May 2011

I apologise dear readers for my lack of discipline when it comes to posting new sections regularly. I did promise that this would become a weekly section and yet I haven't posted a 'Weekly Buy' post since the first one way back in March. So I won't make any more promises I cant keep and I'll just simply say I'll bring you this section whenever I have any interesting buys to share.

This week is a bit of a mixed bag what with buying winter clothes for the coming colder months and summer bits and pieces for our wedding/honeymoon in Fiji in 6 weeks!!!
I bought more vintage plaid. Its becoming a bit of an obsession for my winter wardrobe but when I spotted this gorgeous Vintage 50s BLACK WATCH Plaid Skirt Suit for just $24 I couldn't pass it up. I probably wouldn't wear the skirt and jacket together but I figured the skirt will look good teamed up with some winter jumpers and the jacket will look fab with my Heyday trousers. I also got this fab Miss Hussy Wing Top in the blue vintage material after seeing it on Super Kawaii Mama's blog. I wanted to snap up the red one aswell but they seem popular and sell out pretty quickly. This will be perfect for my holiday teamed up with some loose linen trousers or even a cute pencil skirt for the evening. I also picked up two Jantzen swimsuits one in a red retro design and one white one with a beautiful Hawaiian style flowers all over it. I figured as I plan to spend most of my holiday lazing by the pool. Sipping cocktails in the pool bar or sunning myself on the beach I needed a good few swimsuits and when I saw the Hawaiian print swimsuit it screamed tropical island holiday to me.
Lastly I got this gorgeous vintage fox fur stole. It looks brown in the photos but when I received it it is a beautiful rich red colour. Personally I think I got it for a steal at $26ish dollars. It will be perfect to wear over my heyday dress for the French Fairy's 1940s 40th birthday party in the Blue Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment