Friday, October 14, 2011

The Bookworm Presents: Style Me Vintage - Makeup

Way back in May I reviewed Style me Vintage (You can read the review here) This is the second book in the Style Me Vintage collection this time focusing on make up. This book gives step by steps guides to creating vintage makeup looks from the 1920's through to the 1980's.

The book starts with sections on the tools and makeup need to achieve the looks and some useful tips to help create the looks.

This book is as visually stunning as the first feature shots of each makeup looks and modern and vintage celebs that sported these looks. There is a brief history of each look.

I have to say I found these looks easier to reproduce than the hairstyles. This book has clear concise steps with photos at each step of the look making it easy for a beginner to makeup to understand.

The back section of the book contains useful 'Extras' including how to create 'fabulous flicks' with eye liner, how to apply 'luscious lashes' how to maintain 'beautiful brows' and how to create a 'marvelous manicure' including a '1940s - style manicure'

This book is definitely worth a buy. I would recommend it for beginners and apt makeup users alike. The third Style Me Vintage book, this time focusing on clothes is out February next year and I'm sure I will be reviewing a copy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment