Monday, October 10, 2011

The Life Overhaul - Update 10th October 2011

Its been a while since I've update you on my progress so I thought I'd drop a quick line. When making my list of things I want to achieve I forgot to add 'Learn Tai Chi'. I started taking Tai Chi classes 10 years ago but never got back into it once I had moved around the country and then finally here to Sydney. The hubby and I signed up for classes last week and the first class is tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.

Also the hubby and I made a good start on going through some music theory so I can learn to read music and then learn to play piano. I have to say some parts were a little confusing but I soon picked it up and the hubby is a very patient teacher. Learning to read music feels like learning a foreign language to me so it may take a while for me to get it down pat but i'll keep you updated of my progress.

2 comments:

  1. I love tai chi! I took lessons when I was living in Beijing, but I haven't kept it up since returning to Aus.

    And congrats on learning to read music! It's definitely a challenge, but it gets easier. Yay for hubby being patient with you - that makes the world of difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the tai chi too and its so nice for the hubby and I to have an activity that we actually do together.

    As for the music well lucky for me I have the best hubby in the world. He is very knowledgeable and a bottomless pit of patience. x

    ReplyDelete