Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Emma aime in the Kitchen: Scotch Eggs

The longer I'm away from the UK the more things I realise I miss. Granted other than family most things are little items, mostly foodstuff that I cant find over here. I love scotch eggs especially the mini pack of 6 Tesco used to do. But I just cant seem to find scotch eggs over here in Oz so I bit the bullet and attempted making some for myself.

Ingredients:
500g pork sausage meat
6 eggs
breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to season
oil to deep dry

Method:
Hard boil the eggs for 12 minutes
Leave to cool then shell the eggs
Wrap the eggs in a layer of sausage meat and then roll in seasoned breadcrumbs until well coated
Deep fry for at least 10 minutes ensuring they are golden brown all over
Place on some paper towel to drain off excess oil
Alternatively for a healthier option you could bake the eggs in the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment