Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Bookworm Presents: Retro Makeup

I was so excited when I got my copy of Retro Makeup in the post. I've heard a lot about this book on various blogs and websites so I definitely had to check it out for myself. The book is written by Lauren Rennells a hair and makeup artist and author of Vintage Hairstyling.

Retro Makeup covers an array of styles split into sections for each decade from the 1920's to the 1960's.Every section has some history and information about makeup and styles from the era at the beginning. Each style is simply set out and very easy to follow with clear instructions and photos for each step of the way. The book is beautifully illustrated with fabulous original and modern day shots.

The beginning of the book also contains a highly informative history (or 'her-story') of makeup, a section on tools and techniques and sections on brow shaping, eyelash and lipstick applications and the best colours for different skin tones.

Having tried out a few of the looks I can say that the book is easy to follow and the looks simple to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment