Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Love Vintage Fair - October 2011

Well dear readers its been almost a month and I've yet to post about the Love Vintage Fair.

The hubby and I headed over to check out the fair on Sunday and after checking out all the beautiful things each stall had to offer and having a nose at some of the girls being coiffured by the lovely ladies at the Lindy Charm School for Girls stall we grabbed our seats to watch Bonnie Rose's Fashion Parade of Fashion for Special Occasions. There were some fabulous frocks on show (including the one Bonnie was sporting which was a gorgeous light blue 1950s creation) also well as some other 'interesting' pieces. I especially loved this beautiful 1950s polka dot dress but unfortunately (I could tell by the very petite model wearing it) it would have been to small for me.
After checking out the fashion show we headed over to the Darnell Collection stall which was just stunning and had some beautiful items from the 1920s to 40s on show that Charlotte Smith had shown in the When Fashion Meets Fiction: Fashions Fit for an Agatha Christie Novel presentation that had been earlier in the day.

After wandering round a few more stalls and the husband trying on a few leather jackets we headed home to rest our aching feet and revive with a nice cup of tea!

As for purchases we both came away empty handed as I found some of the prices a just little high. Having said that I will definitely be attending next years Love Vintage show although I have to say this may be one for the girls as the hubby is not really into vintage fashion and seemed a little bored at times!

Unfortunately I didn't take my camera on the day but there are many wonderful shots from the show all over the web! Here's what I wore on the day. I got many lovely comments on my dress:

No comments:

Post a Comment