Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Few Days Away in the Moutains - Day 2

On our second day in the mountains we headed in to Katoomba. My sister and I checked out the antique and vintage stores while the boys went to get some coffee at the Savoy.
We then hopped on the Blue Mountains Trolley Tours and headed straight down to Echo Point to check out the Three Sisters where we took many photos and checked out the gift shop.
After hoping back on the trolley and alighting at Katoomba Falls to get some snaps we walked around to Scenic World.
We did consider wandering round the Scenic Walkway but the 1000 steps into the valley put us off and we were getting a little peckish so we hoped back on the bus and stopped of in Leura for a spot of Devonshire Tea at Bygone Beautys. While the boys were finishing their tea my sister and I went to check out all the teapots and spotted vintage clothes for sale at the bargain price of $10 each! I picked up a wool dress suit which I think is from the 60s and a pink babydoll dress that looks like its from the same era. I will share them with you soon. I also spotted a stunning 1940s wedding dress but when i picked it up it was completely moth eaten down the back!
With full bellies and purchases in hand we got back on the trolley to check out the Leura Cascades we then caught the last trolley of the day, stopping off at a few lookout points, back to Katoomba and from the headed back to the cottage tired but happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment