Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Gorgeous New Vintage Dress

I recently purchased this amazing 1950's dress from Blue Fennel Vintage on Etsy. I can't tell you how much I love this dress. It is remarkable similar to the one in the left picture which is from Dita Von Teese's Muse line for Meyer. Dita's dress is styled on a 1950's one from her own collection so I can only assume it is something remarkably similar to my recent purchase although the dresses in Dita's collection are around the $900 mark and I got this original for the bargain price of around $200. My dress is actually a more red tone than the picture shows.

Now I just need a fabulous event to wear the dress to!

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing this fabulous dress on Etsy and wanting it so badly, but unfortunately it was too small. You are a lucky girl to own such a similar dress to Dita's and pay that much for it. I kind of feel like Dita is ripping us off with the astronomical pricing of her Muse Collection. But they are gorgeous dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gaby
      I love this dress and it is even more gorgeous in real life than the photos! I can't really comment on the Muse collection because I've yet to see it in person so I haven't seen the quality of the fabric or the way the pieces are made but its way out of my price range! x

      Delete