Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Emma aime at the Movies: My Week with Marilyn

As promised a few weeks ago here is my review for my My Week with Marilyn. My Week with Marilyn is based on the book by Colin Clark which recounts the week he spends with Marilyn Monroe and the love affair they have while working on The Prince and the Showgirl. There has been some speculation  as to whether the story is true or a figment of Colin Clark's imagination but regardless of that it makes a good story.

Michelle Williams is an actress I never really rated before but after seeing this movie that has certainly changed. Michelle excellently portrays Marilyn's vulnerability and fragility. She was well deserving of the Best Actress Oscar.  Eddie Redmayne is fantastic as the young Colin Clark and Kenneth Branagh was flawless as Laurence Olivier.

 This film was absolutely stunning shot and I absolutely adore it and now I'm off to watch the Prince and the Showgirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment