Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tiki Bar Makeover

After 3 months I finally got around to finishing the makeover on the Tiki Bar. The bar started life as a garish 1970s bar. Here is how I turned it into a fab tiki bar:
Step 1: Remove any hardware on the bar that is not required and strip back to basics
Step 2: Prime any areas to be painted with easy surface primer
Step 3: Paint the bar top with a black gloss
Step 4: Using a glue gun glue on the fabric and sisal matting to the front of the bar.
Step 5: Cut bamboo to size and edge the bar with it, stick on using a glue gun.
and for a fab tutorial on making your own bar check out Betty Bee's tutorial here

3 comments:

  1. That is amazing!!!! We have a Tiki room sans an actual Tiki bar due to space. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn that is nice work! This will help me see the potential in those dodgy 70s items at the opshop when looking for gear to store drinks in (either a trolley or a bar).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmi and Meagan I just realised I didn't actually post the picture of the finished result so I will get that up soon! x

      Delete