Monday, December 30, 2013

Looking Back Over 2013

I have to say at the start of 2013 I was hopeful that it was going to be the year that big things happened for us although deep down inside I had a niggling feeling that it wasn't going to be a good year and unfortunately that little feeling was right and it wasn't the best year. Although we have had our struggles this year we have also had some great moments so I thought I would round up the year with some of our best moments:

Jan 2013
♥ We kicked off 2013 in great spirits by going to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the musical on new years day
♥ We went out for dinner for the Hubbuy's birthday at the Peacock Trattoria
♥ We met some lovely pin ups contestants from Miss Pinup Australia to play putt putt  
♥ Met up with the Old Hat bunch for drinks at Hinky Dinks

Feb 2013
♥ We headed into the city to check out the Chinese New Year Markets
♥ Met up with the Old Hat lot for a very velvet valentines
♥ We picnicked at Kelly Falls

Mar 2013
♥ I made my modeling debut at the Love Vintage Fair
♥ Moved to Mortdale to be closer to our family
♥ We scored tickets to a preview screening of The Croods

Apr 2013
♥ We went to watch the Miss Pinup Australia grand finals
♥ We caught up with the Old Hat bunch for a delicious picnic
♥ We got a new (old) car as our last one kept breaking down on us
♥ We added two new members of the family - our pet fish! 

May 2013
♥ We celebrated the French Fairies birthday trashy 80's style
♥ We got news that Grantus mother had passed and attended the wake and subsequent funeral
♥ I got news that my little sister was pregnant! 
♥ We went to see the Adams Family Musical
♥ We went to watch the Great Gatsby at Hoyts Gatsby Gala after eagerly awaiting the movie all year! 

Jun 2013 
♥ We went to see the lights at Vivid Sydney 
♥ We went to check out the first Sydney Vintage Fair 
♥ We had a day out in Bowral for our 2nd wedding anniversary 
♥ We hopped on a train to Katoomba to check out Winter Magic 

Jul 2013
♥ We celebrated my birthday quietly with a takeaway with the bakers and a few drinks with the UN lot
♥ We took my niece to meet farm animals at the EQ 
♥ We went to see Opera at the Vanguard

Aug 2013
♥ We took a trip to the Nan Tein Temple
♥ The hubby and I took a picnic at the Australian Botanical Gardens in Mt Annan
♥ We caught up with the Old Hat bunch for drinks at Palmers & Co 
♥ We headed to Rose Seidler House for the 50's Fair 
♥ We went to see Stephen Lynch
♥ After a lot of stress we got our 457 visa granted and now can stay until at least 2015! 

Sept 2013 
♥ We got bad news that the Hubby's gran had passed away 
♥ I met up with Annora and we went to check out The Hat exhibition at the SAC
♥ We went to check out the Japanese Tea Garden at Campbeltown Arts Centre
♥ I modeled in the Vintage and Retro Fair parades 

Oct 2013  
♥ We went to see South Pacific
♥ We attended the first Freshbake show
♥ We went to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
♥ We went to a Halloween party as Popeye and Olive Oyl 

Nov 2013 
♥ We got another new (old) car as our poor old Mabel needed too much work
♥ We went to our first roller derby
♥ I became an Aunty again as my little nephew Kian was born on Nov 26th 

Dec 2013
♥ We went to see the Grease musical
♥ We took our little niece to see the Nutcracker  

And so it has been a year of ups and downs but we have had some great fun and fab days out. I have a feeling that 2014 will be a new start and the new moon on the new year seems to be pointing towards this. We already have some fab days out booked for next year so keep reading as I will post my 'resolutions' for next year soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment