Thursday, January 30, 2014

Where I've been

Apologies or the lack of posts this week. I know I promised a post about Spiegelworld Empire and I will be sure to have that up tomorrow but in the meantime an explanation for my absence, I have been super busy this week implementing a new exercise routine an with other activities which I will share with you soon. But back to the exercise; at the beginning of this year I decided that I wanted to become more active. As I am only working a few hours a week at the moment I realised that I spend too much time sat on the couch and as a result the weight has crept on. Although my diet was relatively healthy I wasn't really doing much exercise so my weight slowly crept up a dress size or two!

I finally kicked myself up the butt and attended my first workout class at the gym where I work after realising that I have been working there on and off for the past 5 years and have not once used the free gym membership I get so I spent my Monday bank holiday doing a cardio class followed by an abs, bums and tums class with the Purple Fairy (who is a complete gym junkie!) I went back on Tuesday for another cardio combo class and I'm already hooked which was surprising to me as I've have been a regular gym goer in the past and hated every moment of it. I was going 4 times a week for a year with the Hubby and didn't lose a single pound! This was probably due to the fact that I had  undiagnosed Poly-cystic Ovaries Syndrome but it kind of put me off gyms.

As I am turning 30 this year I have decided that I want to become more active.  I am not setting specific weight targets as I struggled for anorexia as a teenager and don't want to become obsessed about numbers on a scale. Instead I want to improve my fitness and my cardio and the rest will follow.  Fingers crossed I will be fit and svelte for my 30th birthday which is in 6 months but I'll keep you updated of my progress.

Does anyone else have fitness goals set for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment