Friday, April 18, 2014

#RE2014: Remember - A look back over the blog

The #RE2014 buzzword for April is remember so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to look back over my blog. When I started the blog way back in July 2009 I never thought it would bring me the opportunities that it has. I'm now in my 5th year of blogging and I can honestly say this little blog has bought me more friendship fun and frolics than I could have ever imagined! 
My first proper post was about Alice in Wonderland and the upcoming Tim Burton movie. I actually ended up seeing the movie with my mum when she came over to visit in March 2010 on a very rainy day! 

Through the blog I have been offered a whole host of opportunities. Be it free movie tickets and events hosted by Nuffnang, tickets to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and a whole host more I cannot even begin to list! 

I have also been given the opportunity to review products that were very kindly sent to me for free. The first of these was this Marilyn clock and most recently the fab ipad case sent to me by Snugg. 

Through the blog I have made some wonderful friends including all the Old Hat bunch after admiring Michelle and Tim's outfits on this day. Many fab Old Hat meet ups followed and through these events I met Annora of Nora Finds which led to me modelling in a catwalk she was styling at the Love Vintage show and subsequently other modelling opportunities including the Sydney Vintage and Retro Fair and most recently at the Vintage Fashion Parade at Sydney Antique Centre. If someone told me when I was younger that I would have been modelling vintage fashions I would have laughed at them as never in my wildest dreams would I have dreamed of doing it but it has been fabulous fun wearing some beautiful outfits and meeting some lovely ladies.

So although I started this blogs as a bit of fun and its still relatively unknown for the amount of time I have been blogging I can honestly say that writing this blog has given me some fan opportunities as well I being a great sounding board that pushes me to write better content and improve my skills to make the blog better! 

1 comment: