Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 - A Year in Review

2014 has been a year of big changes (including a move to Ballina) and things are starting to get better for us. We are in a lot better position than we were in the beginning of the year financial due to the fact that I now have a full time job for the first time since moving to Australia. Unfortunately this does mean that I have less free time to blog so the blog has suffered in the last few months but I will try to get things back on track in 2015.

Here is a list of events from 2014:

January:
♥ We kicked of 2014 with a trip to the Blue Mountains for the Lady Luck Festival and spent a night out at Burlesque at the Baroque
♥ We had a fab night out at La Soiree
♥ We took our little niece to see Wind in the Willows
♥ We were amazed at Spiegelworld Empire
♥ Being titillated at Atomic Bombshells Burlesque

February:
♥ We had a delicious valentines day meal at Wooden Spoon

March:
♥ Visiting Old Government House for the Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries Costume Exhibition

April:
♥ Taking a day trip to Berrima
♥ Modelling in the Vintage Fashion Parade at Sydney Antique Centre

May:
♥ Attending the Sydney Fair 

June:
♥ Planning our big move to Ballina
♥ Going to see the Lion King
♥ Watching the Miss Pinup NSW Final

July:
♥ Moving to Ballina and the Hubby Starting work in Byron Bay
♥ Trying some yummy gourmet delights at the Ballina Fine Wine and Food Festival

August:
♥ Heading to Brisbane for Greazefest

September:
♥ Being visited by my Sister in Law, Niece and Great Niece

October:
♥ Heading down to Sydney to see my Mother in Law

November:
♥ Checking out the Ballina Prawn Festival 
♥ Driving to Grafton for Retrofest

December:
♥ Having my Sister come over to stay
♥ Feeling Christmasy at Movie World's White Christmas

As for my 'resolutions' this years were:
Get a second job to help supplement our income
Learn to ride my bike (which was a Christmas pressie from the Hubby)
Learn to drive (if I have the extra money for driving lessons)
Visit more of Sydney's beaches (we have been in Sydney 5 years and haven't enjoyed much time at the beach)
Make a new circle skirt (or other item of clothing) each month
Visit a new bakery at least once a month (and blog about it on our other blog Bake My Day)
Read up on or take a course on how to use my digital SLR (and finally switch from auto mode!)

I had mixed success achieving these:

Work wise I now have a full time job that means financially we are a lot better off.
♥ When it comes to cycling I could not get on with bike riding so opted for a trike instead. 
♥ I still haven't learnt to drive but am looking to book lessons early next year. 
♥ We did not really visit more of Sydney's beaches as we moved to Ballina half way through the year but we have visited a few beaches close to us
♥ Clothes making has been a complete failure this year due to my sewing machine breaking down on me early in the year!
♥ We have visited a few bakerys locally but certainly not one a month
♥ I have definitely improved using my camera and have switched out of auto mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment