Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Lush Christmas

I have been a long time lover of Lush ever since I followed my nose to their Covent Garden store about 20 years ago! however it has been a while since I have made a purchase from them other than the odd Tisty Tosty bath bomb.

Just before Christmas my Lush obsession was rekindled and I ordered myself an early Christmas present. The picture above is my haul. When some of the items I wanted to order were not available online I dropped into my local store to pick up a few odd items for myself and a few Christmas pressies.

If you follow me on Instagram you would probably be bombarded with my pictures of my lush baths and various products but I thought I would review my haul on the blog so here goes:

The Good:
One of my favourite item that I ordered was the Lord of Misrule bath bomb. I got this as part of the Merry Christmas gift box and it was the first item I tried out. The Lord of Misrule is a limited edition Christmas (or possibly Halloween) bath bomb which is green in colour and smells deliciously spicy.
Another firm favourite was the Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter this cream has a beautiful lemony scent and is so moisturising that I use it as a regular hand cream to help my poor battered hands. When I use this I just can't stop smelling my hands the scent is sooo good! 
I also loved the Holly Golightly Bubble Bar. Not only does this bubble bar have a fantastic name but it smells amazing too. To me it smells a lot like the Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar. This limited edition Christmas bubble bar has a lovely cinnamon scents with hints of lime. Not only does it turn the water as green as the grinch but it helps soothe tired muscles.
I also loved the Spirit of Christmas bubble wand which is like bathing with a pomander. This is also as limited edition Christmas product. It smells amazing and will definitely put you in the Christmas spirit. The only downside to this one was it fell off its cinnamon stick after a couple of uses. 
My new favourite bath bomb (sorry Tisty Tosty) has to be Twilight. The lavender and ylang ylang scent is divine and will send you off to the land of nod in no time. Not only that but it is so pretty with lilac and turquoise tones that combine to make a bubbly mauve bath with silver shimmer that is super moisturising and will lull you to sleep!
Speaking of Wiccy Magic Muscles, this was definitely a favourite. With all the hours the Hubby and I have been putting in at work recently we have been left incredibly achy. Wiccy Magic Muscles released all out aches and pains and although it obviously contains some menthol elements it does not bring me out in a rash like Tiger Balm and Vicks does. In fact I found the warming sensation of Wiccy Magic Muscles very pleasant.

Old Father Time soap is my new favourite soap. I have a block in the downstairs bathroom in my house and the whole of the downstairs smells of it. I love this spicy redcurrant and thyme soap and not only does it smell amazing but it looks beautiful too. I believe this is also a Christmas edition but I loved it so much that I snapped some up in the Boxing day sale (along with some other items which I will review when they arrive)
You will see my reviews of the Santa Baby lip tint and lip scrub that I picked up in store in an upcoming post so I'll just say this: I liked them a lot!

The Bad:
I absolutely loved the toffee / caramel smell of the Yog Nog bath bomb when I smelled it in my local Lush so I grabbed one to try however I found as soon as the bath bomb hit the water that amazing scent disappeared and although this bath bomb is incredibly moisturising it left a disgusting yellow greasy ring around my bath which I had to scrub off once I was done bathing. Needless to say I will not be ordering this one again. I did however snap up some of the Yog Nog soap in the Boxing Day sale so hopefully I will get that amazing scent without the greasiness.

The Indifferent: 
That's not to say that these products were bad I enjoyed most of them, probably not enough to buy them again though.
The first product that didn't really wow me was the Sex Bomb bath bomb that may just be because I expect to love it a lot more than I did. The scent was OK and the floating flower was a nice touch (even if it did look like little jellyfish in my bath when it broke up!) but compare to the loveliness of Twilight this was nothing.

The second product I'm indifferent about is the Charity Pot. The lovely people at Lush popped some in to my order as a free sample but I found the scent way too strong. Having said that I stupidly allowed myself to get rather sunburnt one day and this cream was very soothing on burnt skin.

Lush also sent me a free sample of Dirty Shower Gel. I gave this to the Hubby as he loves minty shower gels but he found this one wasn't minty enough for his tastes. He prefers the ones that give that minty, tingly, cold burning sensation!
Another bath bomb that failed to wow me was the Dashing Santa. This was also part of the Merry Christmas gift box and when I got it out of the box it smelt amazingly citrussy like satsumas but when I dropped it in the bath this smell didn't really come across.
I also wasn't much of a fan of the Father Christmas bath bomb that came in this gift box. If you're a fan of Lush' sweeter products like Snow Fairy you will probably love this but I found it way too sweet.
The Cinders bath bomb was OK the scent was pleasant enough and the crackling popping candy was a cute touch but I just didn't LOVE it like some people do.
The Rose Queen bath bomb smelt lovely with a strong lavender, hibiscus and marigold scent but cleaning up all those petals after bathing was just a bit much especially if you like to bathe just before bed like me! 
And finally the last product that I tried and am indifferent about is the Reindeer Rock soap. I quite like Lingonberry but found this one just a little too sweet for my liking.

So all in all I think this was a pretty good haul. To get only one thing I disliked out of this many is pretty good going!

No comments:

Post a Comment