Monday, January 25, 2016

Another Lush Christmas Order

It seems Lush are extending their Boxing Day sale this year as they are selling off some of the old designs of items on the website as well as listing a few more Christmas gift boxes at half price. When I saw these items on the sale page I could not resist so I made an order. I thought I would give you a little review of the products I ordered.

I ordered:
♥ The Summer Garden gift which contains Respect your Elders soap, Rose Jam Shower Gel, and Love and Light handcream
♥ The Heebie Jeebie bat which contains the Nightwing shower jelly and the Lord of Misrule shower gel
♥ The Home for Christmas gift which contains Rose Jam Shower Gel, Porridge Soap and Dream Cream 
♥ Blue skies and fluffy white clouds bubble bar
♥ A French kiss bubble bar
♥ Creamy Candy bubble bar
♥ Pop in the bath bubble bar
♥ Sunnyside bubble bar
♥ Green bubble roon
♥ Rose jam bubble roon

The lovely people at Lush also threw in free samples of: Roots hair treatment and Mask of Magnanimity face mask (which I did not try as I think it will be too strong for my sensitive skin!) and Lemony Flutter which is a favourite of mine!

A few of the items, the rose jam shower gels, rose jam bubbleroon and the creamy candy bubbleroon I sold on eBay as the scent was just too sweet for me so I can't really review those.

OK so now for my reviews:

Respect your Elders Soap - This one actually grew on me over time. When I first smelt it out of the package I wasn't sure I liked it but once I'd lathered it up I loved it. With a gorgeous Elderberry scent this one is a new fav!
Nightwing Shower Jelly - While I'm not a huge fan of the shower jelly concept (way to hard to wash with without dropping a million times!) I loved the lime pastile scent of this one and found it very moisturising.

Lord of Misrule Shower Scream - Lord of Misrule is an absolute favourite of mine scent wise but I found the shower cream just a little too thin and runny and found it separated a bit when left to stand.  I wish they'd bring out a shower gel but I love the scent so much that I will persevere until they do.

Porridge Soap - I love the exfoliating element of this soap but the scent is just not for me

Love and Light hand cream  and Dream cream - To my nose this creams smelt very similar. Both had a very strong geranium scent which does not appeal to me. I prefer my moisturiser a bit thicker like my favourite Lemony Flutter.

French Kiss bubble bar - This has become a new favourite of mine. The gorgeous lavender scent is perfect for a bedtime bath.

Blue Skies and Fluffy white clouds bubble bar - The scent of this bubble bar is actually quite masculine. It reminds me of an aftershave my dad used to wear. (I think it might be Aramis) I loved the blue water and the soft white bubble that did look like a blue sky with fluffy white clouds!

Pop in the bath bubble bar - This bubble bar is pleasant enough but failed to make much of an impression on me. It has a subtle fresh scent and is moisturising to the skin.

Sunny Side bubble bar - This is also a new favourite. The gorgeous citrus scent is great to wake you up in the morning.

Green bubbleroon - I loved the fresh grassy scent of the roon but when it hit the water the bubble smelt to much like washing up liquid to be enjoyable. Perhaps the new version is different!

Roots hair treatment - I know their are Lushies that rave about Roots but it just wasn't for me. I found it too thick to spread properly onto my scalp and once it was on the tingle from the 3 types of mint was just a bit too intense. The scent was off-putting to me as it reminded me of headlice treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment