Friday, January 29, 2016

Modcloth's Stylish Surprise 2016

A month or so ago Modcloth offered a Stylish Surprise sale so I snapped up 5 pairs of shoes at $10 each and 5 dresses at $20 each. I have to say that I have not been as successful in this order as I have previous Stylish Surprise orders but there are still items I would wear.

For shoes I received:
Down and Desert-y Flats - I probably would not have picked these out for myself but they will be good for knocking about in. They retail at $29.99 so not to bad a buy.
Lucky Penny Bootie in Pebble - These will be great for the winter so I will put them away until then. They're leather and retail for $139.99 so a steal at $10

Abroad Boots - These remind me of riding boots. I have some great outfits in mind using these as long as the weather gets cold enough here this winter. They retail at $159.99 so another steal for $10.

So Wrapped Up Sandals - I love the cut out on the these sandals but I'm not a fan of the wrap lace style so I think I will cut them down to just an ankle tie but they will definitely be worn this summer. They normally retail at $24.99 so $10 isn't bad.

These boots from Rocketdog are soo not me however they are just the kind of thing the Purple Fairy likes and she has a serious boot obsession so they will be going to her. I cannot find them on Modcloth but they seem good quality so $10 is a very good price.

In dresses I got:
Always in Style dress - I can see this simple jersey dress will be getting a lot of wear from me. It is so easy to dress up or down and accessorize in a number of different ways. This dress originally sold for $49.99 so the $20 I paid for it isn't bad.

Chantilly Dream Dress - When I pulled this dress out of the box I wasn't very impressed however it looks a lot better on. It needs a belt though. This dress normally retails at $64.99 so for just $20 I'm pretty happy.



This is another one that I took out of the box and didn't like. I'm not really one for this beigey coffee colour. However when I tried it on I really liked it!

Start with Sophistication Dress in Black - This dress is lovely but sadly too small for me. I think it would have been a little on the short side compared to what I like to wear anyway so I' going to give this one away. This one originally retailed at $54.99 so I got a good deal on it.

I love the print on this dress but found the top a bit baggy and boxy. I'm sure I can do something with it though.

So all in all not a bad haul. Not my best but there are definately some items I will wear. Will I do the next Stylish Surprise sale? Of course! I dream of the day I open my order and see a Miss L Fire or Swedish Hasbeens box peaking out or a print I recognise from Tatyana or Bernie Dexter. Hey a girl can dream cant she?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment