Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Goodies

Hello dear readers...
I've had an eventful and busy Christmas as my younger sister is over from England so we've been busy sightseeing and took a trip up to Forster where we planned to swim with dolphins. Unfortunately the hubby and I were horribly seasick despite the fact that we took our seasickness medication!

Nevertheless we had a wonderful time. It was an incredible experience to see dolphins in the wild. I would have got pics and videos as my lovely hubby got me a new camera as an early Christmas present but I was feeling too under the weather. However now I do have my new camera I will be posting more pictures and maybe even a few videos in the new year.

We spent Christmas day swimming at the beach near our house regardless of the fact that Sydney's weather was dull and rainy. My sister was hoping to get some pictures of us in the glorious sunshine to make the folks back at home horribly jealous but sadly that wasn't the case! We plan to wait for a sunny day, don our bikinis and Santa hats and have a Christmas reenactment.

Other than my fab little camera from the hubby one of my other great presents was a book from my older sister entitled 'How to Look and Dress" by Carson (not Kressley!). The book was first published in 1949 and is a girls textbook with such pearls of wisdom as to how to clean your teeth properly (Yes we are doing it right for all you wondering!) Such sections did give me a giggle however the other half of the book is dedicated to how to make your own clothes which is something I have been wanting to try for a while. The book explains it quite simply as it was a textbook which should help me enormously because I am rather clueless when it comes to sewing.

This book has got me thinking about trying to find local dressmaking courses. Its something I mentioned in a previous post some months ago so I will definitely ad this to my New Years Resolutions list along with a few other things I mentioned in my blog that went somewhat by the wayside.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas dear readers ... x

No comments:

Post a Comment