Friday, July 23, 2010

Emma aime in the Kitchen: Stir Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts

I realise it has been almost a week since I last posted anything which is very lax of me but to be honest I haven't really done a lot this week! Having said that yesterday I was lacking inspiration for what to cook for dinner so I pulled out the new Gordon Ramsay book entitled World Kitchen and found this delicious recipe for Stir Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts.

Ingredients:
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - about 400g
sea salt and black pepper
2 tbsp of ground nut or vegetable oil
50g cashews
1 small onion peeled and sliced
3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
1 dried chili cut into 1cm pieces
3 spring onions trimmed and cut into diagonal pieces
1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
pinch caster sugar
1 red chili deseeded and sliced on the diagonal

Method:
Cut the chicken breasts into small bite size pieces and mix with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.

Heat the oil in a wok. Add the cashew nuts and stir over a medium heat until toasted and lightly golden brown. Remove from the wok and set aside.

Add the onion and the garlic to the wok and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Tip in the dried chili, then add the chicken pieces. Stir fry for 2 minutes until the chicken is opaque. Add the spring onions, fish sauce, soy sauce and pinch of sugar and stir fry for another minute. Finally tip in the sliced red chill and cashew nuts. Stir well and turn of the heat.

Spoon the mixture onto a warm platter or divide between warm bowls and serve immediately.

Notes:
I found that you couldn't really taste the soy sauce or fish sauce so doubled the amounts to add more flavour to the dish. I also bulked it out with noodle and fresh veggies to make it more healthy. I added bok choi, broccoli, red capsicum and carrot but you can add pretty much whatever veggies takes your fancy

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking for a stir fry recipe because my friend told me that it's very easy to cook and delicious. I think this recipe is perfect for me.

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete