Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Imelda May at the Gaelic

The hubby and I headed into the city on Saturday night to catch the fabulous Imelda May at the Gaelic. The tickets said doors open at 8pm so the Mardi Gras crowds we got there on time only to find out that Imelda wasn't actually on until 10.45 so we headed to the bar grabbed some drinks and managed to find a comfy sofa which made a good viewpoint to listen to the other bands from. The poor hubby who had no sleep for the past 24 hours and was coming down with a cold was doing his best to stay awake. At one point a female staff member came round and told him he had to stay awake or she would have to 'call someone' I guess being Mardi Gras they thought he was probably drunk or on something!

The evening was a little deadpan at this point but once Imelda May hit the stage the atmosphere certainly changed. She was simply electric. Her performances were high energy and the vocals were flawless from gritty rockabilly tunes to beautiful ballads sung with that lovely Irish lilt.

Imelda is touring Australia so check out her website here for dates in a city near you

And as for my outfit I didn't manage to get a photo but I wore the black swallow cardigan that I made way back here with an electric blue pencil skirt and my hair in the pomp shown in my last outfit post. I think this hair style has become my go to style for days i'm in a rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment