Friday, May 27, 2011

The Life Overhaul

I feel like recently my blog has fallen a little flat and as I mentioned before my followers and reader numbers are starting to reflect this. I want to do something about this so I decided to have an overhaul and clear out some cobwebs and I'm inviting you to come along for the ride.

I get married in 3 weeks which is a huge life step for anyone. Although if I'm honest it wont be much of a change for me as the Hubby and I have been together for 6 years and it feels like we're married already. I may feel different on the day though! I figure what better time to change the things that I don't like in my life than now.

I've always been a planner and list maker but a lot of time maybe due to lack of confidence or being scared to fail I haven't followed through with resolutions I have made. There's always a million excuses for not doing something if you look for them but now I going for action instead of excuses. I feel that even within this blog I have made promises and not always delivered so I'm going to change that.

And the best news is that any of you readers can come along for the ride. You can do this one of two ways (or both if you want!) Firstly if you feel I am slacking on any of my tasks you can call me to check and make me accountable. You can be my life coaches of sorts. Secondly if you too feel that you have become complacent in not changing thing you are unhappy with you can post your list of things in the comments section and I will check up on you!

So I figure the best way to start is to make a list of the things in my life that I'm not completely happy with:

1. The fact that I still have not learnt to drive - I have been thinking about doing this since I was 17 and old enough to drive in the UK but have always been scared about learning. If I'm honest I'm scared of being in a car with a stranger and think learning to drive manual will be difficult and I'll suck at it!

2. My job at the bakery - I took the job to have a better income and also to learn how the bakery works as the hubby and I plan to own one in the future but now I know the ins and outs of the place and I feel its not really stretching me intellectually or giving me any sense of achievement. In fact I feel it is demotivating me as being a shop assistant at 26 is hardly a confident boost and without meaning to sound arrogant I know I'm smarter than that. I also feel I've become complacent as I haven't bothered to look for a better job while this income is coming in.

3. Learning new skills - I have still yet to take the dressmaking class I wanted to when I know that it is offered every month in my area. Once again I have done the planning but never taken the leap. I have also put my extra cash towards buying clothes rather than learning new skills. If I'm honest I'm nervous about walking into a room of people I don't know and taking a class with new people but this is something I definitely have to break. I have also yet to learn how to really use my camera properly and how to knit so I will definitely look into this and also put more money aside for classes rather than spend it all on clothes!

4. Saving vs Spending - At the moment I am spending all of my allowance as soon as I get it. When I look at how much the hubby, who gets the same amount a week as me, has managed to save it makes me feel a little bad for spending money on frivolous things. I plan to implement a spend half save half system and use the money I save for any learning I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment