Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lady Luck Festival - Day 2

We had a leisurely morning on the second day of the Lady Luck festival as the market did not kick of until after midday. We wandered into town a little bit before that to grab some lunch at Homily bakery that makes very good pies then took a stroll back down Katoomba street admiring all the vintage cars parked along the way. Heres a few piccys:
Then we headed into the ground of the Carrington to check out what was on offer at the stalls. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of the stalls as I was too busy browsing. I saw a couple of cute vintage dresses although the outside stalls were for the most part repro. I have read comments that said there was a lot of vintage so I'm wondering if there were more stalls inside that I missed!

I did pick up a new pair of red cats eye sunnies though They are exactly the same as the old pair I had that I managed to snap the arm off! We decided to head of a little early and didn't stick around for the bands as neither the hubby or I are dancers so we beat the crowds back to Sydney.

The last day was stinking hot so this is what I wore. The hubby took a quick snap for me while we waited for our train:
Gypsy top - made by me from Simplicity 1599 pattern
Shorts - Portmans
Red dot ballet flats - Rubi
Hair rose - one stop pinup shop
red beads - love vintage fair
sunnies - one of the market stalls at Lady Luck

2 comments:

  1. I wondered why I didnt see you!
    And yep, all the vintage was inside - we came home with so much, lucky we drove up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh it didn't even occur to me there would be more stalls inside. I'm so bummed I missed out. May be a good thing though as I didn't really have much to spend. Ah well there's always next year! What were the prices like and will you do a post on your haul so I can see all the goodies I missed out on?

      Delete