Thursday, January 23, 2014

#RE2014 - Reevaluating my Wardrobe

As I mentioned in a previous post January and the start of a new year always puts me in the mood for a good clean out and overhaul of my home. So over the month of January the whole house gets a good 'spring cleaning'. This post i'm concentrating on overhauling my wardrobe.

I have noticed over the past few months I have been reticent about posting outfit posts on the blog as I feel that I don't have any clothes that haven't already been seen on the blog. It is however ridiculous to imagine that the average person would have new clothes to wear everyday of the year so I have got over this notion of not posting the same items of clothing on the blog twice and decided to overhaul my wardrobe and put together some new outfits to appear on the blog over the coming months.

I have also found that as our unit has limited storage my wardrobe is spilling out into other rooms in the home and also that my poor hubby is getting less and less storage space for his clothing. So I decided that I would take drastic steps and emptied my whole wardrobe sorting through everything in it and taking out items that no longer fit, things that I no longer wear and things that need repairing.

Items that no longer fit I have packed into my suitcase as I am planning on losing some weight this year so don't want to get rid of them just yet. The items that I no longer wear I have donated to charity or I am going to list to sell on eBay and the items that need repairs of any sort I will actually get repaired!

 As a result of doing this I have found there are a number of items in my wardrobe that I previously have'haven't thought of combining in outfits that actually would look really good together so I have taken quick snapshots of these items to wear in upcoming outfit posts.

I have also made an inventory of wardrobe staples that I am short of and will buy or make these items over the coming months.

So with this huge wardrobe overhaul I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment